Activities - Castlebar/Westport
Windermere House makes an excellent base from which to experience the abundance of activities on offer in the area.
Great Western Greenway
The 42km Great Western Greenway, from Westport to Achill is Ireland's longest (traffic free) walking/cycling trail.
Check out our Great Western Greenway page for more information.
- Blue Flag beaches
- Golf Courses in Westport and Castlebar. Many others within easy reach
- Fishing lakes and rivers.
- Deep sea angling in Clew Bay
- Multi-screen Cinemas in Castlebar & Westport
- Bowling, Go-Karting
- Horse riding
- Climbing Croagh Patrick - but not for high heels, it is a tough walk